- London School of Mediation Accredited Mediator
- Senior Consultant Epidemiologist, Public Health Medicine and Blood-Borne Viruses (HIV and Hepatitis B and C)
- Holds the Diploma of the Royal College of Obstertricians and Gynaecologists
- Experienced as an expert witness in cases involving blood borne virus transmission in a health care setting
- Fully trained General Practitioner with Completed Vocational Training in General Practice
- Fellow of the Faculty of Public Health
- Fellow of the Royal Institute of Public Health
- BSc Hons in Biochemistry, B Med Sci Hons, BM BS, Masters in Public Health Medicine, Certificate of Special Training in Public Health Medicine
Fortune brings unique experience and a unique skillset to his practice as a clinical negligence, medical negligence and personal injury mediator. He is able to combine extensive experience of medical and clinical matters, seen from the perspective of both a GP and a Senior Consultant with intensive experience of the litigation process dervied from his work as an expert witness. Fortune has worked as an expert witness in his own specialist field of blood borne virus transmission, in clinical negligence cases, in cases involving occupational infections derived from blood borne viruses and in cases involving the use of blood borne viruses as a weapon.
Fortune continues to practice as a Senior Consultant in his specialist field but is available to mediate across a wide range of clincial negligence, medical negligence and personal injury cases.